General Editing Price sheet
|Editing Service Type||Pricing per Word|
|Manuscript Critique (Beta Read)||US$0.00375/word*|
|PACKAGE: Line editing, copy editing, proofreading||US$0.0225/word|
|PACKAGE: Copy editing & proofreading||US$0.018/word|
What You Get
You receive a full editorial report breaking down and analyzing your manuscript in all areas. You also receive an annotated copy of your manuscript, highlighting areas with inline comments with suggestions for improvements.
Manuscript Critique/Manuscript Evaluation (Beta Read)
You receive a report assessing the general feel of your story, depicting what works, and giving suggestions on areas that may need improvement.
You receive an annotated copy of your manuscript with inline comments, highlighting areas where the language of your story may need improvement for clarity and poignancy.
You receive an annotated copy of your manuscript with inline comments highlighting errors in grammar, syntax, and typos. Queries will also be made in areas showing inconsistencies, lack of clarity, and redundancies, as well as any other errors spotted.
You receive an annotated copy of your manuscript with inline comments highlighting any visual errors (grammar, syntax, typos, formatting) left on the manuscript before sending it off to publish.
- Short stories, novellas & novel-length manuscripts accepted.
- While these rates are based on stand-alone services, they can be adjusted when purchasing a combination of packages. Please email me so we can better discuss the pricing for your particular project.
- A deposit of 50% of the final cost will be required before commencing work on projects over 30k words.
- Payments by milestones are available. Feel free to email me so we can discuss what plan works best for you.
- * Manuscript Critique and projects under 30k words must be paid in full before commencing work on the project.
- * The minimum charge for a manuscript critique is 20$ for short stories. (As of 5/1/2022)
- All manuscripts are accepted in Microsoft Word or PDF. Files in Google Docs will have to be converted before sending.